While many adults practice meditation and yoga, energetic healing is a topic not often covered in the classroom.
In Roseanne D’Erasmo Script’s I Am a Rainbow, vibrant pictures illustrate the seven energy centers of the human body. This 21 page softcover book uses the story of two children traveling with their teacher-guide to introduce children to Chakras. As the two children travel through colorful gardens, they also follow a sensory journey from root to crown of the body. Each energy center is represented by a color, and the feelings and characteristics associated with the energy center are described in age- appropriate language. Appealing in its simplicity, this guide will help parents, teachers and others who use yoga, meditation and alternative healing techniques when working to improve health and wellbeing of young children. – (PM)
Google Books Reviews
AuthorHouse, 2011, ISBN 978-1-4567- 4358-1 (sc), 21 pp., US$12.99, Author-House, (800) 839-8640, http://www.authorhouse.com.
Chakras for families,teachers and children all in this book, I AM a Rainbow. It is an excellent book to use as parent or teacher to read to your children to help them understand energetics and chakras.The illustrations are wonderful, going along with the story of gardens of color helping us to connect with images about chakras. This book is also excellent for anyone new to the idea of chakras, or energy centers. Try the app for fun with puzzles, colors and a voice read. Look for newly published book, I AM Within about meditation too. K. Peterson
Review by Liz at New Agey Blog
My pregnant sister is so ready to rumble, within spitting distance of giving birth. She’s enormous and dilated, and the baby, who I’m calling Boots for now, has kicked out the mucus plug. (Sorry to say “mucus plug” in the first two sentences.)
The nursery’s waiting. My family’s all trying not to talk too much about it, lest the baby get spooked and pull some groundhog shit and make us wait a bunch of extra days.
I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to be a good aunt to this kid, my first niece or nephew from my only sibling, especially since I will be living so far away.
Visiting as often as I’m able is a given, as is lots of special presents, listening and loving and encouraging Boots to be a little bad sometimes. (I think rebellion is a healthy and necessary part of intelligence. Sorry if this bothers you, sis!)
Also, I’d been looking for the perfect book that will remind Boots of me when I’m not around. I just found it this week.
“I AM a Rainbow” (as opposed to I Am a Rainbow by Dolly Parton, this is a new children’s book with one extra capital letter by Roseanne D’Erasmo Script) is not a tremendous feat of literature, let’s be honest. It is, however, full of information, instilling ideas about grace, love for everyone, tranquility and the power to heal. Say something like that to a kid, and their magic detectors start squealing.
The story is very simple: Two children take a walk through a garden with their teacher, who kicks it all off by asking, “Did you know that you have a rainbow within you?” From there they go on a somewhat trippy journey, learning about colors and how they correspond to energy centers called chakras.
The students catch on to this stuff pretty quickly, as kids do.
Along the way they discuss how the emotional state is connected to the physical body, choice and self-esteem, trust in the self, faith, compassion, bravery and living in the now.
I’m sure at a certain point my niece or nephew will turn a corner and think this is all very gay, in both the derogatory/not cool sense of the word and in a homosexual way. Before then, this seems like the perfect way to keep Boots open to the intuition and power of creation that made him or her appear in the first place.
Authorhouse Book Reviews
Intriguing & insightful!! Through the use of colorful imagery and practical advice, Roseanne Script succeeds in delivering a rich explanation of the energy systems within us. She integrates her teaching experience and knowledge as a healer to make connections for the reader that are easy to comprehend. These,in turn, help the reader open doors to new thoughts & reflections on our inner selves.
- A life moment of energy healing, that's what occurred last night. Erika and Delilah, a mother-daughter team, participated in an Energy Healing Class for Families with myself as instructor. What an absolutely delightful time we had, and such an honor to work them! Just have to share it with…
- People have asked me what are chakras in relation to my book. Well actually I AM a Rainbow is ALL about the chakras, what they mean, where they are located and how to start activating them. Let's just look at the word chakra, first. Chakra is an old sanskrit word…
- Today I was asked if healing would help a friend's family member with epilepsy. That is a really good question. The answer is that healing helps with the intention that you set together with your client. So YES, Healing Touch does help. But how does healing work, they ask? Well, my…
- It has occurred to me that many of you may be unfamiliar with some basic energy healing vocabulary and that it would be useful to get you started to guide you along your learning path. Let's start with the difference between your auric field and chakra. I actually have another…
- I recommend looking for energy healers in your area that are certified in the Healing Touch Program, as I am. Healing Touch is an energy therapy in which practitioners consciously use their hands in a heart-centered and intentional way creating a caring relationship in which the practitioner and client come together energetically to facilitate the…